go_baby_go_logo-ow4pfc
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Min-Seo Song
    Participant

Any additional questions can be addressed through this post

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Min-Seo Song.
    Brandy Washington
    Participant

What would you consider to be the most rewarding aspect of working on Go Baby Go?

Min-Seo Song
    Participant

The most rewarding aspect of working on this project is that I was able to develop my skills and contribute to this cause at the same time. I was also able to develop my team-building skills and communication skills working with Stacy for these past couple of months.

Stacy Okai
    Participant

Great question!

There were several rewarding aspects of working on Go Baby Go. Firstly, this is an amazing foundation, and all of the work done is for a great cause. I am honored to have a role in impacting the lives of many young children and for the ability to aid in the research process. I look forward to seeing how Go Baby Go will continue to expand over time.

Secondly, as Min mentioned, I was able to further develop and strengthen my teamwork and communication skills. I learned how to express my thoughts more efficiently and effectively, and became a better listener. It was rewarding to acknowledge some of the project milestones Min and I have reached and the goals we have accomplished over the course of the project.

Lastly, it was rewarding to be able to create successful working coding programs! As you may know, coding can be challenging, especially for someone who doesn’t have much experience in that area like me. Finally getting a program to work, after having difficulty with it for a very very long time, was extremely gratifying.

mishal alqattan
    Participant

What is the most tough problems you guys faced during your Go baby Go project?

Min-Seo Song
    Participant

An issue I had was mainly working on the code and including the right libraries for it. It took a lot longer than it should.

Felipe Cervantes
    Participant

Not sure if this was disclosed to you, maybe you were just tasked with the implementation of the data logger, but do you know or have an idea of how this data logging could be beneficial/used?

Min-Seo Song
    Participant

Hey Felipe, yeah there are lots of benefits of using a data logger. One major advantage of using a data logger is to avoid manual recording. We talked more about why use a data logger on our home page to give a brief introduction.

Nick Ireland
    Participant

How did you guys decide what microcontroller to use for this project? I know you chose the Arduino but considering there’s different versions of the Arduino out there, as well as BeagleBones and Raspberry Pi’s.

Min-Seo Song
    Participant

Hey Nick, we compared the different components to use in the “Getting Started” post (Getting Started)

Rosie Wiethop
    Participant

It was a little unclear, but what power supply did you end up using for the Arduino Nano? Was it through the USB connection or another external power supply? Since you review many alternative options over the course of the blog, it might be useful to have an overall diagram of all the components you ended up using near the conclusion.

Min-Seo Song
    Participant

We used the USB connection for basically all of the designs. However, the second version of the test circuit implementation sometimes freezes. So we can run a 9V AC to DC connection to get sufficient power. Otherwise, we used the USB connection.

mishal alqattan
    Participant

There is a limited speed for the Go baby Go car? if yes, what is the speed?

Min-Seo Song
    Participant

The MROC has a top speed of 3 MPH. From previous modifications, the code varies the pulse width modulation output from 0 to 150 in steps of 40 ms to reduce the acceleration with a max speed of 1.75 MPH. It just depends on the child’s needs. You can read more about it here http://iestoc.org/index.php/conference/article/view/60

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for your message!

We will contact you soon!