go_baby_go_logo-ow4pfc
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brandy Washington
    Participant

What were the toughest roadblocks you both faced while working on Go Baby Go, and how did you both go about finding a way to resolve these issues?

Stacy Okai
    Participant

I would say some of the toughest roadblocks faced were trying to accomplish many varying goals in a limited amount of time, finding ways to accomplish specific tasks, and getting pieces of code to behave the way I wanted it to.

A schedule was made at the start of the project. We tried to stick to it as best as we could, but everything doesn’t always go as planned, and the project schedule changed frequently. Even though a lot of work needed to be done in a limited amount of time, it was important to remain calm and not get overwhelmed.

Stacy Okai
    Participant

Another roadblock faced was knowing what you wanted the end result of a certain task or coding program to be, but not always knowing how to go about achieving that task if that makes sense.

For example, I knew I wanted to test the Arduino Uno Shield to determine forward and backward motion, but I wasn’t quite sure how to simulate that in a test environment at first. Therefore, I had to do a lot of research, brainstorming, and test trials. This goes the same for coding roadblocks.

There were many times where I just couldn’t get the code to work the way I wanted, and it was frustrating sometimes, especially because I often needed working code to proceed to the next step. However, to combat this I would work in sections when coding. I would focus on getting one thing working at a time, and when I did, I would save that file, copy the code and paste it into a new file and continue working by adding onto it. This was to avoid creating additional problems.

Nick Ireland
    Participant

To follow Brandy’s question, were there any issues that required the two of you to seek outside help from faculty members or others?

Stacy Okai
    Participant

Nick,

Yes, we did seek and receive some guidance from our advisor and the CBU community. We also had classmates who were happy to offer assistance and suggestions when they were able to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for your message!

We will contact you soon!